The objective of this document is to provide readers with an overview of regulations for and treatment of finance technology (Fintech) companies in the country. The document provides information on current challenges facing Fintech firms, addressing topics such as open banking, data regulation, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, AI and Insurtech.
The 2021 Fintech Comparative Guide can be helpful for those looking for answers to questions such as:
- What tax incentives exist in Chile to encourage fintech investment?
- If a fintech entrepreneur was looking for a jurisdiction in which to begin operations, why would they choose Chile?
- What protections does a fintech have in Chile to protect its intellectual property?
- How are cryptocurrencies treated under the regulatory framework in Chile?
- What is the status of collaboration vs disruption in Chile between fintechs and incumbent financial institutions?
AUV has been invited to collaborate for other The Legal 500 initiatives. As on previous occasions, in the Fintech Comparative Guide, our law firm was the sole contributor in Chile.
We would like to congratulate The Legal 500 team for its initiative, as well as our lawyers who developed the guide: Matías Apparcel, María Consuelo Mackenna and María Ignacia Valdés.
Subscribe to our newsletter